Tuesday, December 31, 2013

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.



First Impressions: 
The first time I saw Dallin was in September of 2012. We were both enrolled in the Child Development class at BYU-I. Even though he didn't notice me all semester, I noticed him each day as the tall kid who always smiles.
In February of 2013 I walked into my new volleyball class and I recognized that same smile on that same guy. Before class began we introduced ourselves and I mentioned that we were in the same child development class. With a puzzled look on his face I could tell that he didn't recognize me and then he said, "oh." Yeah... that was embarrassing. Our volleyball teacher had us grab a partner to begin class. We both looked at each other and grabbed a volleyball. As class went on the first thing I noticed about Dallin's personality was that he was so sweet to everyone. He was uplifting those who were having a hard time and he was always trying to make others smile. After that day I felt like I had known him for forever. 
One day after class Dallin asked if I wanted to go get lunch at subway. I agreed to go even though I had class during that time. We talked about our families and our lives. It was so easy to talk to each other and we became best friends. Our friendship grew as we spent every day together. He talked about the girls he liked and the problems he was having and I talked about my missionary and the life of a college girl. 
I spent a lot of time that semester at Dallin's apartment where I met his best friends Jase and Ben. We played basketball, ping-pong, watched movies, and Syracuse basketball. My favorite part of each day was going to Dallin's apartment to watch March Madness and play ping-pong. Our birthdays are four days apart in March so we spent "our birthday" together drinking Jambas and watching a Syracuse basketball game.
As our friendship grew we both developed feelings for each other that we were both trying to fight. It suddenly became hard for me to listen to his stories about other girls and I realized that I had more feelings for him then I thought I would have. I remember thinking to myself.. why am I doing this? Soon I learned that it was because Dallin made me the happiest I had ever been. 
The winter semester soon came to a close and I didn't know if I wanted to move back home. I had so much fun during the last semester. I knew that if I moved home our friendship would be hard to keep. After talking to my mom and telling her how I felt, she knew that I should stay in Rexburg. Dallin and I continued to spend time with each other during the Spring semester. We went to movies and played Frisbee golf every Saturday. 
 Dal had to ride in a wheel-chair all day for one of his classes.
 Thompson Family Reunion.
As the first of May came around we talked about us and where our relationship was going. We realized that we couldn't continue to spend every day together if our relationship wasn't going to go anywhere. Through all the mixed feelings we decided to take our relationship further and see where life would take us. Our love grew quickly and we started talking about marriage. On June 17, 2013 Dallin proposed!! He made a book of all of our favorite things and the things that we had done together. As we sat on the swing on his back porch he told the story of us. It was so cute and sweet to hear and see the things that he enjoyed about us and our relationship.Then he got down on one knee and asked if I would Marry Him!!!! Of course I said YES!!

 Dallin and President Clark the day that he proposed.
 Soooo Happy!!
 
 I didn't know I could find a man so loving, kind, sensitive, and so so sweet. He would do anything and everything for me. I am so blessed to have in my life.
 
One of the biggest things that made me fall for Dallin was the way that he is with his family. Dallin is the youngest of five kids and he is the only boy. The first time I went home with Dallin he treated his mom so good and I could tell that his family is so important to him. He has the sweetest family. Since his family lives in Rigby we spend a lot of time with them. I am so lucky to marry into such a close, loving, spiritual, and fun family.

 
 Carolyn Anderson took our engagement pictures. She did such a great job and we had so much fun!





 
 

1 comment:

  1. To a beautiful couple; may you have an eternity of love and happiness!! So proud of you both and all you are accomplishing!

    ReplyDelete